Here are several informations :
The things you need to bring
- Umbrella, bring a folded one since it’s more convenient.
- Cellphone/smartphone. You can buy local SIM card if you need it (there’s free Wifi at the lodging, but at a limited speed and range). Please contact your LO if you need it.
- Raincoat, it’s optional if you have an umbrella. But please do bring a raincover for your bagpack.
- Personal medicines
- Shower stuff (toothbrush, soap, shampoo, etc.). Please bring your own hairdryer.
- Outdoor shoes, please bring shoes that won’t slip in slippery road
- Casual shoes, for general lectures, discussion
- Slipper (optional)
- Jacket (optional)
- Personal tumbler for drinking
- Stuffs to sell during Auction Night
- Foods or beverages for food stand on Saturday, May 20th 2017
- Outdoor trouser, 2-3 are recommended
- Formal clothes for Opening Ceremony
- At least 1 laptop/Local Committee
- To fulfill the Cultural Night, please bring your traditional costume or traditional items
- Mosquito repellant
- Sun block (optional)
Please ensure your bags do not contain any of the prohibited items
- Any kind of alcohol, it’s illegal to drink it here
- Sharp weapons and harmful things
- Wear excessive jewelry
- Condoms, seriously.
- Cigarettes (including electric cigarette) and vape pen
Tips and Informations about Indonesia
Please concern about these informations below
- The electric voltage in Bogor is 220V
- The time zone in Bogor is GMT+7
- Bogor is infamous with its sudden rain coming out from nowhere, hence the nickname ‘City of Rain’. It’s also infamous for its traffic jam!
- Talking about rain, nowadays it’s usually raining around noon.
- Do NOT drink the water from any water tap, it is not safe!
- The majority of Indonesians are Muslims, they do not eat pork.
- Muslims prays 5 times a day: around 4.30 AM, around noon (12-ish), around 3 PM, around 6 PM, and around 7 PM. Please do not be surprised if the local mosque are noisy with the prayer call during those time.
- Since Muslims need to pray very early in the morning, they are used to wake up in the morning. Hence, activities which started at 7 AM are considered as normal.
Typical Asian Toilet
- After using the toilet, please do NOT throw anything into the toilet or it will jam the toilet.
- Throw away your toilet paper into trash bin (inside or outside the room).
How to take a shower
- Bring your shower stuff, bath towel, and clothes to the bathroom
- Enter the bathroom, then open the water tap (do NOT drink it!)
- Take your clothes off
- DO NOT GET INTO THE WATER VESSEL, its not a bathtub!
- Use the water dipper to take the water from water vessel
- Bath as long as you like (or until the water ran out)
- After bath, dry your body with your bath towel
- Close the water tap
- Put your clothes on
- Exit the bathroom, bring your shower stuff, bath towel, and your clothes